Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bon Jovi, baby!!!

We're going to see BON JOVI tonight!!! We (or should I say I??) have waited excitedly for this day to come! I loved Bon Jovi when I was younger...one of the best Christmases I had was when my brother gave me "Slippery When Wet" and we listened to it over and over that Christmas Day. Scott is not quite as excited as me. Lucky for me, maybe not for him, he didn't have to travel this week. :-)

This has been a CRAZY week! We are putting our house up for sale!! This was definitely a "last second" decision. We don't have much room in our house since we had the boys...two of everything starts adding up quick and two toddlers seem to require a lot of space for playing. :-) So, we sometimes will drive through neighborhoods and look at houses or go to Open Houses. Well, we were out looking on Saturday and found a house that is perfect for our growing family and in our price range. We went back Sunday to look again and decided that night to go for it. So, I met with the realtor on Monday and we derived a plan to get the house in order for selling. (The birth of the boys really rocked our world so needless to say, not many home improvements have been done since that time!!) The painter is coming THIS Thursday morning to start painting and we will be taking some small trees out of the front yard to open it up a bit and moving some things to storage. Can we say stressed?? A night out with Bon Jovi will be much-needed. :-)

We are not "set" on this house and are praying for God to show us His will. If it's His plan, I know it will be done. If not, that's okay too. He is in control. Hey, we'll finally get these home improvements that we've needed to do out of the way!! :-)

I'll definitely keep you updated on the progress, and my hair...hopefully I'll have some left once this is over! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very exciting! I will pray for you that God will grant wisdom in this big decision. I have loved keeping up with your blog! Enjoy Bon Jovi. "You Give Love A Bad Name" is one of Cary's favorite songs!

Love, Tamla

Kristin said...

All of it sounds awesome! Give JBJ a smooch for me! Hopefully I can come visit your current house before you move...I will be in town in 2 weeks and would LOVE to swing by.

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness Jamie! That's exciting! (And definitely stressful)! I know it will work out if it's meant to. Good luck with all the upcoming craziness. I know you'll be able to handle it!

I know you've already gone to the concert (last night), so now I want to ask...how was it?

Love you!